Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ulu Selangor II

Yuuhuu~ all dear, I am now back to Kampar where told I have to face the reality--FINAL!!!!
The 2 days 2 night Ulu Selangor trip is officially declared to end. I reached here around 1pm i think, and our senior driver treated us in Brown Secret for lunch. I would want to thank her, for the chicken rice in KKB, for the Loh Mee in Ulu Yam Bharu, as well as for Mamak style hor fun in Kampar. I understand that she wanted to treat us as an appreciation yet I think this is unnecessary indeed. We are all "poor" and no income students mah...in addition, she has already paid for the petrol, tolls and other trivial payment. Plus, we did got things from you, ok, for others, I'm not sure but for me, I have learnt a lot from the trip. I know who is Nik Aziz. I heard Lim Guan Eng's speech but regretted not Lim Kit Siang's. I saw Selangor Khalid. I saw the ugliest face of the politicians and the people. I did learn a lot from this lesson.
Thank you, Kwan Yee.
I agreed with what Ah Eng said today. "Politics is an art of cheating manipulating"(Oh Chin Eng, 2010). Yeah, definitely, it is an art, art of the social. Advertising is an art as well, towards beautiful yet politics science is art more to ugly face...haha...I am glad that I make my choice to choose Advertising. And this few days, it prove me that I did not make a wrong decision.
The first day we reached Ulu Yam, it was already 10 or 11 pm. We did not do anything, just to settle down our belongings. Kwan Yee checked the schedule the next day and planned our owned. We slept in Eling's room that night, no..i mean all nights in Ulu Yam. And the air condition is really cool until I can wake up at night because it is too cold.
The next day which was 23/04, we woke up at 7.30 in the morning. Eling's mum bought us nasi lemak as our breakfast. It is tasty la...Honestly, I love nasi lemak so much, with lot of sambal.
We went to the pasar nearby Eling's house that day. It was our first stop. I started with an old uncle. He didn't spoil my mood and enthusiasm. I managed to complete my first survey which gave me quite a great confidence.
I met a Chinese hawker there who impressed him. He is the first one I met in Hulu Yam who talk about Malaysiakini to me. He has plump body and funny smile. He is humorous and so cute. The way he answered was so official and formal, like an interview. He successfully changed my mindset towards people in Ulu Selangor, and towards politics. He reminded me that politics is actually so that important for us. Yet, young people nowadays don't even bother who actually is the government. Obviously, I am one of them. As long as I can do what I want, I can eat what I like, I can watch movie I like, I can do shopping whenever I can. I live with no worries, then it is alright for me. Who care of the government?Who care of the politics?
This man changed my mindset. I was so naive, I realized. Yet I guessed I am still not too late to wake up.
With a heartful and "stomachful" of encouragement, we headed to our next destination, Media Centre in Kuala Kubu Bahru. Errmmm...Media Centre. Before to here, I thought it must be somewhere quite high class and full of reporters inside. We spent a long time and long way to get there. Well, it is all reporters inside, yet talk about high class,it is totally out of my imagination...haha...
After having a round of survey in the pekan, we went to have our lunch in a hawker stall. There was a mobile A & W. Since when i have not eaten A&W.
We ate chicken rice which treated by Kwan Yee. We did some survey in the place as well and here I met something that increase my hatred toward politics. I met two Chinese uncle in the stall and I decided to give them do survey. Both of them told me do not talk to them if it is something regarding politics. They also said that politics ah, is not poor people's things but only for wealthy people. Alright, they might be right and I just said thank you to them and wanted to leave. One of them stopped me and asked me where I from (which university). I told him I am student from UTAR. Meanwhile, he said," Oh, then you represent MCA la!!" "No No No,I am here to do research but not represent any party." I explained. "Aiya, still MCA la...tell you ah, MCA is useless!!No talented people already!Even people who play ladies also can be the leader!"
the uncle continued with anger, " MCA really useless."
Well, I felt so uncomfortable that time. Especially they talked that in a way of loudly voice, almost shouting. I simply smile to them and walked away.
I saw another woman after this and asked her if I can do a survey with her. She asked me to ask her outside of the shop and told me then that the two uncle are actually member from MCA!!!
I felt so frustrated and frightening. This should not have happened among Chinese. This enhance my scary feeling towards Politics!!!
Just think, if I agreed with them and talked together with them, the consequence is unimaginable! Everyone are devil in the field of politics. Luckily, I don't really know politics!
At the same day, we went for Najib, our prime minister in the afternoon. The atmosphere was so exaggerate when I saw many people wearing 1 Malaysia t-shirt and screaming it to our PM. It is really funny to see the scene. Auntie were all waiting for our PM, like waiting for a super star. Funny!
That night, we went for PKR's speech. You can see the speech very funny and sarcastic. Their used words are so sensitive and all pointed to BN.
That's all for the first day in Hulu Selangor.

0 wheat(s):