Sunday, August 29, 2010

Exploration to Green Ridge(1)

It was 25th of August. Ah Ba, Jool Bro and I have our breakfast at Bamboo around 10.30am(our plan was to gather at East Ocean restaurant at 10.30am)
You know la, our CEO always being late one...^^
Then we gathered at the steamboat restaurant which near to Tesco
where we parked our iron horse
CEO told us that it is just in front us and asked us to park our bicycle there
"What!!" three of us shouted it out "I thought we were cycling into?"
CEO pointed to the hill just in front of us and said "There is Green Ridge,how do you cycle in?"
The hidden entrance to Green Ridge
We looked at the drection he pointed and found nothing.
Nevertheless, without complaining any single of word, we parked our iron horse and followed CEO
We walked across the road (quite fun) and here we arrived the entrance
Now move closer to the entrance way
We got five members altogether that day(CEO, Ah ba,Jool Bro, Mosquito and I)
And realised that we all were really "well-prepared"
Except me, all of them were wearing sandals
Shoe vs Sandals
And none of us wore long pants which is a MUST for a hiker
After a round of photo session, we entered the jungle with fully excitement
A long pathway can be seen clearly once you enter the jungle
The pathway into the jungle
I felt relieve as it is not as hard as what I thought
I personally like the jungle indeed 
The sunlight is at everywhere
There are beautiful fresh grass and huge tree
We walked according to the pathway until we faced a dilemma
Chin Eng went up and told us there's nothing uo there
There was a slope in our right hand side which leading to uphill and there was a path leading to the front
CEO offered himself to run up to the slope and he told us there was nothing other than some stone that seems like being developed by someone else
OK, then we decided to walk forward instead of standing there to think more
Yet, the more we walked further, the tiny the pathway is
We did not think much that time
It seems be normal as no such thing like easy way in a jungle
Especially when it has been abandoned for years and was a war site previously
Until we reached to the blind alley, CEO asked us to turn right and climb up
He said that he saw the instruction from internet
This is the beginning of sesat
Without any suspection, we followed his instruction. We climbed up to the hill.
I saw the trees there were being cut and wrapped by someone
It enhanced my belief that we were in the right way to our destination
However, the road became harder and harder that we could not move further anymore
CEO ran up to the hill where no pathway at all whilst Ah Ba checked another direction if got any road
Ah Ba then walked back and told me that he saw a huge lizard(四脚蛇)
While CEO returned back I saw he shouted and scratched his toe
Concurrently I saw Mosquito grabbing something from her leg but failed
I immediately helped her to grab it and threw away
I've been told that it is leech soon after I threw it
This was my first time touching the leech..who knows that I got more chances to meet it after all
While we were thinking of the pathway problem, Ah Ba's slipper broke
We did have a common understanding after this
Without any dispute, we decided to withdraw from the jungle
It might be not a hint but it does to us
We left the jungle using the factory road
Exit to the factory beside
The workers were curious of us but we ignored them
I wanted to tegur sapa to them but CEO said they will not know about Green Ridge
That's all our first day in Green Ridge
We decided to do more research in internet then only explore the place the next day
Besides, we wanted to be well-prepared only enter the jungle again
We went to back to Tesco at which Jool Bro's bicycle tyre broke
This is the third accident happened to us in just two days...
Beautiful big tree

We saw the board only after we came out...=.=
Soon after we came out from the factory, we found something!!!
Jool Bro realised that his toe was bleeding and so to Ah Ba...
And they saw leech on their toe!!!
I lower my head and found that my leg was bleeding as well but the leech has gone
Ah Ba just called my name and he was stunned
I quickly helped him to grab the leech from his toe and threw on the road
Now I became the expert of catching leech...^^
Yet my way was wrong...i barely remembered my mum was once told me that if leech sucked your blood, you cannot directly pull it from your body but pour salt to it
Meanwhile, their toes kept bleeding, non stop...haha...so do my pity leg...
Hence, next time do remember to bring salt before you entered a jungle...^^...

0 wheat(s):