Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pre-Exploration to Green Ridge

I got a mission from our Mr. chief editor last two week
Is it mission impossible?No~it is mission possible...in fact I don't think it is any hard to me
Mr. C. editor(Tun) told me to form my group and visit to Green Ridge to crazy crazy( I remembered this sentence clearly-go crazy crazy..XD)
I was once saw the words 'Green ridge' in CEO's facebook
Frankly speaking, I have no idea of where it is and even what it is
I only know that it is at somewhere in Kampar
I have been in Kampar for a year and more yet I have never heard about it
Tun sent me a link where I found more detail regarding Green Ridge

This is the link that Tun sent me
O.o...it was a battle site during World War ll from 30th Dec 1941 to 2th January 1942
I have never studied about the Battle of Kampar in my secondary's history class
Lucky I now got the opportunity to study it(thanks internet)
It apparently was a hard battle among the British troops and Japanese army
The cruel Japanese army intended to invade Kampar and took it as a new year gift to their Emperor Hirohito(天皇)
Kampar was a rich tin miner town. I think this is the main reason why Japanese wanted to capture Kampar
A highlight that worth people to do research is British army(indian and punjabi) managed to defend the ridge from the ferocious Japanese forces...you think it is great but not so surprise?Let's hear the number.3000 British troops managed to defeat 6000 Japanese troops in the epic battle.
British army was stranded in the ridge where Japanese army has surrounded them.
Just imagine, the British army could not get any help from outside while the Japanese kept changing their forces 24 hours and supplement their weapon and food.
I got to know that Green Ridge was the only place that managed to defeat Japanese troops during WW ll (although sad story happened when the British troops dashed to Teluk Anson(if not mistaken), Captain Graham the leader was killed). Besides, it is the only one that is being preserved until today Other battlesite such as Cemetary Ridge and Thompson Ridge have been developed this few years.
My curiosity and interest toward Green Ridge were being stimulated after viewing all stories
I decided to go into the battle site and see it with my own eyes
I undertook the offer(since chief editor has already voiced out,as a nobody, we couldn't say no i think...XD)
I asked CEO to go along and he is the one who more excited than me
Then I asked Ah Ba and Zhu bro to join me,they promised to go with me without any single second of consideration....thanks, Bro!
I initially plan to go by 27/8 yet everyone wanted to go back hometown than we changed the plan to 24th of August
Until the day before 24th of August, Big sister told us that it was the 15th July of lunar calender.
She asked us not to go in Green Ridge at the very day
You know, I was always be so obstinate that I refused to change the plan
I was too busy that time
I got to rush for my assignment that I don't bother to adjust any plan already
That night, I drove Ms.Z's Myvi to new town and print my mock newspaper then something happened
The Myvi was being bumped by a blue color Proton Iswara
I heard the passer by said that the car plat is JCV xxxx(forgot d..=.=")
I was so calm, seriously calm that Ah ba kept asking me ok or not
Until today, I was thinking is it a sign for me?

0 wheat(s):