Friday, February 18, 2011

I want to be strong

I am concerning of my internship stuffs this few days. I wish to reach my dream yet it seems near yet far. It seems reachable yet distant. I do not know what bear inside my mind.
I wish to have my internship in Cambodia Sinchew Daily. Everything ran so smooth that the day when I got to know there is Sinchew Daily branch in Cambodia. The few days after it, I got to know that my supervisor is closely related to my dream. She was the chief editor of Sinchew Daily in Jakarta and she knows some friends who contact with Cambodia branch. How smooth it is, I tell you.
I told her my wish. She gave me some advices and suggestions. She promised me to ask Cambodia branch once I have made my decision.
Yet, things that always annoying me is people are always underestimate on girls' strength. If you went to Cambodia alone, you will get raped. This is a truth happened in Cambodia when a western lady having her backpack travel in Cambodia and she was tricked by a monk who raped her all after that. Why always ladies are the weak character? A friend told me that if I went to Cambodia alone, it is very dangerous. The reason is because you are girl. If boy ah, no problem. Who are interested in a guy?
I did not answer. Safety problem is always not in my consideration when I made decision. I know how to take care of myself, just then people always think I am weak and soft. 
I dislike being over protected by people like a sunflower in the green house. I dislike being doubt of my strength and ability. I just don't like to be sympathy by others that I actually good enough. 
Friends, if you know me, please trust me. And please help me to achieve my aim to be strong. 
I will prove to you, someday, sometime that girls are not weaker.

0 wheat(s):