Monday, November 15, 2010

My 1st trip -To The Land of Smile Day 1

I took this in the bus to another building in airport
I admit, I am such like a froggie under the well. I have never been to land out of the Peninsular, even Singapore the nearest, or the East Malaysia. Ok, fine, I have admitted that I am a froggie above. Fine, I am an urban cow as well. 
Now that, I was given a chance to the land of smile, with fully subsidised by my sister.
My friend said that I went there blindly. As he asked me how much is the fare, I said I have no idea. He asked how much is your hotel, I replied him the same answer. Don't blame me as I am not the one who paid.
This was my first flight ticket~
Yet I can tell you now, the air fare is RM700+ per person and the accommodation costed my sister 90 US dollars for three nights
And, I myself had spent RM200 (2000baht) in Bangkok ( curiously why I spent that much with the sponsor of sister? I will reveal it in the following posts, stay tune)
It was Friday, also the Deepavali. 
Electronic ticket to Bangkok
Both Karen and I decided to spend our weekend in Bangkok
Let's talk how we decided
One day, Karen rang me up and said she wanted to fly (after a week back from Vietnam)
I was excited and said go lah go lah (as I know she is going to sponsor me)
Then a week before we departed, Karen rang me up again and confirmed with me whether I can go or not
We were initially want to go to Cambodia yet it was too expensive for two person ticket
I suggested Philippines where also one of the place I would like to visit for its art
It was expensive as well
At last but not the least, we chose Bangkok 
I know I am always the most well being one
Karen, who is working in the travel agent has friends/working partner in the transportation field which makes me able to travel in a Mercedes Benz to KLIA!
Mercedes Benz which brought us to KLIA
What the extravagance.
Along the path to KLIA, I was busy playing with my new lover- D3000
I snapped the driver, I captured the beautiful sky
The sky is blue. The cloud is pretty. That's why I love sky
I heard the conversation between Karen and the driver as well
Unintentionally, I heard the name of Rosmah!haha...
Karen asked him how's his work recently
The driver aka Karen's friend
He said he fetched Rosmah, Malaysia so called the first lady few days before
I have forgotten the comment he gave regarding her as I was impressed with the adjective he gave to the UxNo people
He said: Due to the election, there were quite many politicians who came to KL lately
He was once carried the UxNo politician who he described them as monkey. He told us that those people thought they can do whatever they like with government provided the car. They asked him to drive them to there, to here. Never know that government just provided the car to the particular location. 
Yeah, this is the government. This is the politician.
Our flight was at 3pm+. Thus we have our brunch in the airport and done some shopping(medicine) as well before on board
Around 4pm+(Thailand timezone), we reached the land
We breathed the air of Thai
Karen has called for car to our booked hotel when we got out from the flight
She said that this is much safer that they will not swindled us
She doesn't know that I have studied the travel guidebook she bought that there are other much cheaper transportation as well. Nevermind, she knew it two days later. At least, she will never repeat the same in the next visit to Bangkok.
This is the first time I see the city of Thailand
The city is huge, than KL a lot
It is developed, than what I expected before I was here
It is flourishing, more than KL do
I don't know why. I see the potential of it keeps booming rather than KL
Friends asked me why. I said I have idea yet I got this thinking when I glanced at this city
However, the traffic is suck
We were stucked in the highway for more than two hours
Yet my sight has never stopped
I kept watching the scenery outside of the window.
My eyes were rolling right and left, high and low, like the world is going to be shattered in the next single minute and I would never want to miss any single beautiful one before i died
I did learn thing. I found out that Thais are practising idolism
You can see every advertisement along the road with idol
Even though some are not the handsome idol, there sure be somebody, perhaps the marketing manager and so on
The Thai King
The most common to see is Thai King, always with the sentence : Long Live The King
I see their patriotic spirit in my first day in Thailand
Around 7pm, we reached our hotel- i Residence Hotel Sathorn
At there, I learned to speak Thank you in Thai- Khop Khun Ka
The receptionists in the front desk are friendly indeed
Though they don't speak well English (neither do I) but their effort in serving the customers the best has touched me
The beautiful receptionist
I like them, especially the pretty lady who always showed her shining beautiful smile to us who made me think that I didn't come to a wrong place
Another staff who brought our luggage and us to our room was extreme friendly that made us can't get used to it
See, human being are always like that. When people treated you bad, you complaint. When people treated you nice, you got other saying also.
Yet the guy has contributed us nice suggestion when we were thinking where to go
He instructed us to go Suan Lum Night Bazaar where has nice food and many things to buy
We were shocked when we got there
The bazaar is tremendous with more than hundred stalls selling various stuffs, ranged from the tidbits to the furniture
This is what we called capitalism. It isn't historical monument
but just merely the entrance to the night bazaar
Rational us, did not start our exploration but instead, we were searching for FOOD
We  were starving. Plus, I was craving for Thai tomyam for years(especially after seeing Wind senior's trip)
We found a food court then. Quite disappointed as it does not look like a local food court but somewhere has been packaged by the government for tourism purpose
We found western food, Italian food here which did not make our eyebrows raised
Luckily we found some stalls selling Thai food with the board showing the word "traditional Thai food"
You wouldn't be putting a paper written "I am a girl" on you unless you are not, i guessed
Nonetheless, without more choices given, we chose the most "looked-like" local stall and ordered the food
Of course we would not want to miss the tomyum kung
If you are interested in the the food, kindly visit my another blog for further information
The food did not disappoint us. Yummy yet cheap.
Just that the tomyam kung ain't spicy enough. This might because it is a tourist site and most of their travellers do not drink spicy
While waiting for the food to be served, I observed the people and the environment there
Cats are everywhere. I am pretty sure that my dear Miss Yong will loves Bangkok so much
Besides, it is also not hard to find that Thais loves cat
I see those big men hugging the little tiny cat in the food court
They didn't pretend I think when I saw their sight full with love


Those cats were so relax resting under two foreign couple desk.
(If you find  there are two Malaysians who named
Ax Yxng & xlwxxn, you better run as fast as you can, tiny)
We went for a walk after a satisfied meal(hey, this was our first meal in Bangkok)
Karen soon bought herself some accessories after a few minutes walking
We found uncountable lovely adornments here
I especially like the cute little monks patung but I just don't have enough budget to bring them back
I see Karen likes the Thinker statue as well as the fat ballerinas which are super cute
Helpless, I could not buy her as appreciation for her sponsor
This is the only lot selling CDs and others
We left after an hour and we promised ourselves that we will be back the night before leaving Bangkok
For your information, there is a bustling and live up street,especially at night, near to our stay place
The street lays in front of our hotel
Take a few steps walk and you will find it
We took some walk and did some photographing there before got back to hotel for our Thai massage
Nice food, nice people can be found here
It was 1am yet the street was full with people and FOOD
That night, I fall in sleep after a round of the relaxing massage service by the hotel Thai women
It costs 500 baht per person. And again, Karen paid for me. ^^
That's all my first day in Bangkok

0 wheat(s):