Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekends

I have been so busy recently that I was hardly to blog...
This weekend was so incredible
My initial plan for Friday night is actually to start working out with the Adobe Premiere which I have just installed and have never touched it before
However when I was just about to open the software
I got a message from the chief editor
He told me to follow up with Amirah of a lightning strike news
I was so puzzled and replied him with a "o?"
He rang me up and asked me to cover the news and post it as the editors weren't in Kampar
I called CEO then and asked him to meet me at Amirah's friend(who kena lightning strike)'s house
Yet CEO told me there's an accident in front of Ah Ba's house and asked me to go the accident scene first as it is serious
I drove fast, hope that i can reach there as fast as possible to get 独家
When I was there, I rushed to the victims
There left the male victim
I could see his deep injuries on his leg, and he looked so suffering
I saw CEO was busy taking photo there that I decided to start my work
I asked people around whether there was any on the spot witness
I tried all ways I could
I asked uncle, I asked students, I asked the First Aid people
No one see the real happening
Suddenly, an uncle told me: " You go to ask the driver la, he is over there"
"He is the oldtown doctor" he added.
I quickly ran toward him without hesitated
I just pretending and stood beside him and asked: " Ei, what happen ah?"
He looked at me and said:"The motor overtook the car in front and didn't turn on the lights that I could not see him and we banged."
I saw his emotion was so helpless
Then a policeman approached him and I heard their conversation (I am not unethical but they spoke so loud until I can hear mah)
It is just the story he told me
When the policeman left, I approached him again and revealed to him that I am student journalist, want to ask more questions
I found he was shocked and started to stay far from me
He rejected my request and said" Let police to do the work. I don't want to say much before the report is lodged."
I could even see his diffident through his gesture and emotion
He don't even look at me
When everything were almost settled, CEO, Ah Wen and I decided to go police station for further information
As everything was so blur that the accident scene could not really match the explanation given by the driver
It even disappointed when we reached Police Station that we thought we can get more info which in return we got nothing
But something funny but impressed is my dear CEO revealed himself as the student representative when the policeman asked us
CEO, I am proud of you, seriously
We then went to hospital which I have never been before
The hospital location is so speechless dangerous, for me
We met the female victim's brother there in hospital and talked to them for a while then left
Hope you guys can recover fast...
Bless you!
By the way, this is my first time to cover accident news
Friends said that they found hard to see the accidents
Yet for me, I am not cold hearted or cold blooded but I still manage to face it ( couldn't imagine if there is someone died, how would I do)
I know this is life, we could not do much
What we can do is to face it
Then the next day, is another hard day
We went to UTAR to have our Creative Strategy video shooting
It was tiring and torturing yet fun
We spent one and the half days to do the shooting
I edited it straight after the shooting which spent me more than three hours to finish it
Thanks to those who help us to share and promote the video
Especially the chief editor. Thank you very much!!!!!
Here is it. Please view it in Youtube and share it~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctwza1NMDHk

1 wheat(s):

Lo Kelween said...

I never had experience in covering accident news! It sounds challenging. Muka really has to be very tebal lo..