Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's my life

Living in a country which was ranked as 36 in term of individualism ( adapted from Geert Hofstede. Samovar, L & Porter, R.E.(2007). Communication between cultures. 7th Ed. Thomson Wardsworth.), I am thus an individualistic person who sometimes practice high context culture( in term of my blog).

My housemates, as well as my roommate went back home after their paper since last weekend, which make me started to live in an individualistic life. Since Winnie went back Klang, I started possessing a room, a personal space where only reserve for me and where I called my own. I have never to live in a single room since I was born. And, I love the feeling to have own personal space, I found this.

I enjoyed studying by myself, alone at my own space, while my friends were studying at library. I went to restaurant, packed the lunch, and ate it alone. I was afraid of being alone, before this, especially having meal. I cycled to Tesco by myself. I watched movie in my room, all by myself. I watched meteor also, in the deep 5am while others were sleeping.

I jogs everyday in the evening. When I live alone, I live under poly-cronic style at which I view times flexible and I tend to do whatever I like whenever I want. I can sleep in the afternoon, and study the whole night, or the opposite. Or I can also switch off the light whenever I like, and the vice verse. However, I didn't see relationship as the center since I locked myself in my room, segregated myself from the outside world or ritual world. I am in present orientation in this period of time that I tend to hold the immediate moment as the most significant one and I enjoy it ( as I always said 把握当下). I view future as unknown as I have never known the paper question in advance. Hence, I can only absorb whatever I studied present.

Besides, I practice high context in my nest(my blog) where I always blog my own feeling that only my close friends understand, in term of my poem. You guys are hardly guessed what I want to express and I would like to make a clarification that the poem " The distance" is not refer to my love life, totally not (which CEO thought I talk of my love life). Only two of my friends know what it exactly mean.

I am not doubt, a freak who like to blog about I have studied for my paper. And I damn love C & C yet it is a waste that it is my short semester subject that Ms. Por did not really have time to tell us more. Though I might not score well in my Final but it has never decreased my love towards it. =p

At last but not the least, I would like to end my piece with my feeling right now.
I have been practicing the individualistic lifestyle lately. It is fun and flexible.
However, loneliness, is what an individualistic people always feel.
And individualistic people will always experience "the distance".

Guys, I am so surprise and touching that you have just gone through my dried and jumbled article. Thanks for the support~ And kindly don't mind with my broken english.
Have a nice day~

4 wheat(s):

Weiyi said...

对丫~一个人的生活是多么的自由自在~想怎样就怎样~^^

我第一次拥有一个人的空间时,是搬到这里以后的事。
拥有一个人的空间是我自懂事以来很向往的事。
既兴奋,又开心,到后来的变化。
如你所说的:However, loneliness, is what an individualistic people always feel.
And individualistic people will always experience "the distance".
就酱咯。。。

suang said...

wiiii...weiyi~congratulation, you have finished reading the dry and jumble one. For i am sure that's no problem for your preparation in the final~wakaka

I thought u will say loneliness, no worries, you got my companion~wakaka....

Anonymous said...

The scariest thing is, even though you're surrounded by people, you still feel lonely. Eeks ><.

Haha. Having privacy is important, but never let loneliness be a part of it.

Cheers!

suang said...

hehe...thanks ci,how are you?
between,im going to taiwan this coming january. will you be there that time?