Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My 1st trip -To The Land of Smile Day 2 (Part 3)

Silom, the red light district
After the session of cleaning in our hotel, we departed to Silom, the famous yet notorious red light district in Bangkok. Before that, I chatted with Mr. Wind through Facebook. I told him that I am going to the red light district to watch Thai girl show. He warned me as many tourists were being cheated there, especially now only both Karen and I. So he told me that it is better for us to "watch" (peep) outside.
The street (Silom) was bustling with noise and excitement when we reached there. It was already 9 or 10pm and the world is seemed like a sleepless night city. People in sexy and hot dress were walking along the road. Of course, the things that have never absent from are the stalls along the road. The street was liven up because of them. 


Various of massage centers and restaurants along the road.
We walked into the alley which lead us to a deplorable reality. There were uncountable Japanese restaurants, as well as massage center stand along the roadside. And many females were standing along the side. Some even sat on the chair in front of the restaurants and waited for their "client". I believe you know what's their occupation even though I did not make it clear. 


The girls were sitting along the road and waiting for their clients.
The street is basically divided into three part which are Thai girl show, Muscle Thai men show and Lady Boy show ( I have forgotten the particular name for each, but it generally meant that). We walked through the road where the three area centralized at. I found that the adult world is complicated and grieved.
I understand they are forced to be that. They are too poor to raise their family thus many of the girls or boys join the industry just to earn a mouth of rice. 
I saw them wearing sexy and beautiful clothes with thick make up, and their smile was hanging on their face. Yet it is merely an adorned case which decorated a spiritless corpse. I see it even sorrowful.
I would say I can only respect their and their condition.
Before I forgot, another thing I would like to mention about the hotel we stayed. I was changing and changing the TV channel swiftly. The hotel is so caring that there are variety of languages channel available for the tourist to choose. I stopped my finger when I saw a scene which really attracted me. Sarcastically, there was nothing in the scene, with only the outside scene of the lift, in black and white color.
I gazed at the monitor, attentively. I found nothing. I quickly look for the TV menu the hotel provided. It stated In House TV. I was like , "What the *tut*!"


"With you enjoy our entertainment", yeah, what an entertain~
They placed a CCTV in front of the lift and showed it to us. It is kind of like intruding our privacy. I told Karen that what if I saw someone killing one another through the monitor, what should I do. She shouted :" Choi Choi Choi!". Then there came our massage girls.
We enjoyed nice massage that night and we fall asleep.

0 wheat(s):