Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My brother

We were having our dinner.
It has been such a long time that our family did not have dinner together. Although there were only mum, brother and I that time whilst Maxine sister was taking care of her baby daughter in living room.
When mum went to kitchen to have some soup filled, brother then walked to his room and came out with his purse. He handed me something -- RM50 soon after when he opened his purse.
I was shocked.
He said:" Hey, this is my first time giving you pocket money though not much."
I can see he felt shy, and so to me.
Indeed, this is my first time receiving pocket money from him after he started his job.
I understand his condition. He is now working in Malacca as an insurance assistant manager under Public Bank( if I am not mistaken). His client is not any single of us but banks. He deals with banks.
He lives alone in Malacca (ok, he got a Malaccan girlfriend then). Yet he has to settle everything by himself. Thus I always understand he is not rich and I have never thought of asking for pocket money from him, never.
Mummy always worries about him who refused to work at Kuala Lumpur due to the terrible traffic condition, according to him.
And the chances for us to see him become lesser and lesser.
I hold the money he handed to me. And looked at mum and Maxine sister.
I wanted to give him back but he rejected and asked me to keep it and do not spend randomly.
i accepted it at last. Maxine sister laughed at me and said: " Don't pretending la, hahaha."
Then the awkward situation ended with we all laughing out loudly.
The scene switched to our carpark.
Mum was hugging brother, hardly.
As to Maxine sister and I.
Brother is going back to Malacca.
And we have no idea when he will be home again.
Mum seems worried and sad.

2 wheat(s):

renzheng said...

ah suang, i'm sure your bro will be alrite.

n do remember it "don't spend it randomly", HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

suang said...

lol