Monday, September 27, 2010

An outsider trip down Memory Lane - Pudu


It is a good effort that at least there are a group of people started appreciate the history, the old building
To support their effort in preserving the old building, I decided to go participating any activity they made

I have been searching for the schedule of 25th September. Yet, to my dismay, there aren't much activities for that day
The gist activity was in 18th September that I couldn't make it
I took almost an hour to find Pudu Plaza where the exhibition held
Why one hour?The first thing is bad me did not do enough research of the place
Some more, an uncle has showed me wrong way which really made me walked through many unnecessary places
The exhibition was at the lower level of Pudu Plaza, in an empty shoplot
There weren't sea of people but I always know that they are touched even if there is only one comer
The exhibition is informative and impressive
They have pasted the voice(interview) of the residents in Pudu Plaza
And also their vivid memories of the days before Malaysia Independent, and even during Japanese invasion
Money money money
Besides, old time notes(money) also can be seen in the exhibition
I felt so impressed when I heard some conversation among three or four elderly who stood in front of the money
Impressive moment
A: Ei...this is the british queen (pointed to the printed head portrait of the notes)
B: Yeah. It is. And remembered the time during she was handed the throne down, it was so lively.The whole Malaysians were celebrating.
C: Really? I have forgotten!
B: That time we were only 6-7 years old mah.
A : Yeah. Ei, so where you stay now?
C: Still living in Kuala Lumpur.
B: After all this while, we are still living in Kuala Lumpur.
(conversation conducted in Cantonese)


I felt so agitated when I heard their conversation as they have experienced all
I wanted to approach them yet they were so reveling in their conversation which made up a wall from me
And also, I felt so weird if approach them thus I gave up this thought eventually (now terribly regret then)
The exhibition started with a letter(i called it letter)...a brief introduction and history of Pudu in duo language
It majorly made in a timeline style...stelling us the story and history of Pudu...
It started with year 1880 when the Chong Wan temple was built which means that it is the hundred years old now and it is now still laying in Pudu
Another good effort that they made is they managed to find out old times newspaper, old time tools such as barbershop tools, printing tools and so on.
Besides, heard that neighbours who live in Pudu have also provided many stuffs, photo and information
I think they started knowing that not only they are doing the preserving works yet the residents are willing to do so
And I was shocked by a girl while viewing the information of Pudu Food Street
She told me that there is short video presenting and asked me to go in
There are totally three videos been shown
The first two videos consisted of interview of the elder residents there and the background information
Demolition video
Whereby the third one is the demolition record of the Pudu jail
So sad to see she's been demolished I tell you. She looked like a helpless and sad lady who lying there...yeah,helpless...i felt this for her and for us the Malaysian.
Picture of the prisoner in Pudu Jail
The video showed people were demonstrating to anti the demolition yet it didn't help.
As we are not those who hold power and money
Building models in Pudu
Moreover, they have also created the building models of Pudu and made out the whole view of Pudu area
Then here I came to the end
old time printing tools
It took me one and a half hour to finish the exhibition, great effort I would say
And CEO, you are so lucky as I have taken their newsletter as well as the really great Pudu Cultural Map they made (thinking should I kept it myself...haha)
Then I proceed to the Pudu out of the exhibition before the closing ceremony
It started at 8pm at Pudu Plaza
Since I was here then I should have walked through by my own
Pasar Pudu
I walked passed the Electricity road, and walked passed the fish stalls along the road to Pasar Pudu, another historical place full of controversy
Chong Wan temple which laid for more than hundred year in Pudu
Then I passed by the Chong Wan temple and stopped at the Food Street to take shelter from the heavy rain
I watched their lifestyle, their happy ambience
There are many foreigner workers there. I guessed teenagers nowaday hardly want to help out
Old people are selling food there, many people eating there
It is a good one when I see people (young one) still tend to come to this dirty and old street to have their lunch or dinner
So that the street will not be abandoned
I did not eat but I took photo there
I ran to Pudu Plaza when it is almost 7pm although it was still raining (but not heavy)
The closing ceremony started at 8pm sharp with the coming of YB Fong Kui Lun and the sponsorship from Eu Yan Shang, Pudu Plaza and Shaw Plaza in charge persons
This really raised my eyelid as if in Klang, the ceremony normally would not be started on time
And especially when I found they were still running here and there, and the chairman was hastily talking to the phone about the VIP stuffs
MC of Moon Walk closing ceremony
The MCee of that night is AiFm Dj, Ji An(direct translate) whose voice is really nice and attractive^^
And the ceremony was started with the speech given by the chairman and YB.
The last part I managed to watch is the short video of Pudu and also the activities they held before
When my watch pointed to 8.30pm then I left
I wanted to stay longer yet due to the safety consideration as premise, I decided to go back at 8.30pm
I have to walk out to the monorail station at night, this is my worry la...
And when I was walking along the road, I have a thought to raise out my hand and try hitch hiking
Yet now only I found myself do not dare to do so...haha...
Next time la, when it is daytime I will try try( say only)
Old time hair dryer (provided by the local resident)
The Pudu jail's special interior design of the building
Heard that this porridge stall has been here for quite a long time
* tips here is next time have to do enough research before going to the place that you are not familiar 
And I haven't finished exploring this place and having the great food here. Who want to go with me next time? then only can back lately as got companion^^

0 wheat(s):