Thursday, July 8, 2010

Confession of UTAR protector

I have got the chance of approaching our campus guard yesterday.
I always think to have a good rapport with them as I understand I will need them one day especially when I am major in Journalism, this very course.
Furthermore, I am nice to them because I understand their pity.
Just think, they are the one who receiving order from the authority. They could not have maintained their job if they disobey their mission.
They are also the one who deal with the students.
When there is unsatisfaction from students, just think, who will be the one receiving the complaints? Who will be the one being scolded or hate by the students?
Guards, they are the one.
We all UTAR students, understand the situation.
Our campus does not have enough parking lots for the students. Yet the amount of students is increasing drastically when there are no decreasing.
The response from the campus is that they do not expect this tremendous amount of student in their initial plan.
Hello, you are building an university, but not a tadika. Please consider carefully when you speak that next time. What a ridiculous reason you got for our students, we are no longer a naive student who live in our own imagination, ok?
Back to my topic, I was talking with a guard supervisor yesterday.
I saw his passionate through his eyes and his way of speaking.
"Students hate guard. I know they were talking about me when they saw me."
I feel sad when I heard this. Students hate the guard, unreasonably(for my thinking).
Do you know the role of the guard? They are carrying the responsibilty of our safety.
They have to be strict in order to ensure our properties and so on and so off are safe.
"Student's safety is our first job." this is what the supervisor told me.
People are thinking of our good but what do we who take it granted do?
We kept complaining and revolting instead of thinking of others.
Miss Mok said that we got rules everywhere. We have country's rules and regulations and it is so apply to our university. This is our campus rules, we can only enter the campus with the car sticker.
No matter how hard you argue with the guard, it is useless. They do not given the authority to issued you a car sticker.
If there is no way, why don't we just obey the rules.
If you felt it no way for you to obey, you have two alternatives. One is to complain to the authority, the upper department but those who walking order, ask our campus to give us another better facilities and offer. Then secondly is you can choose to leave this campus.
For my opinion, I always think that is helpless for you to make things difficult for the guards, the less authority one. They have to fulfulled their work, this is part of their job and responsibilty.
People, think twice when you do something.
Always think of others when you want to complain, when you want to do what you like.

0 wheat(s):